Outlaws is a select softball program based in Papillion, NE.
• Outlaws require a year-round commitment from players and parents.
• Mandatory practices begin shortly after teams are put together in July.
• Outlaws play in a fall league in the Metro area and travel to out-of-town tournaments in the Fall, Spring, and Summer.
• Outlaws practice outdoors and indoors through the fall, and practice indoors through winter until we can get outside again, usually in March
Game playing time is based on skill as well as attendance at practices and games.
Pitchers are required to attend pitching lessons outside of team practices. Players must be in good-standing academically. Players, parents, and coaches are required to sign and follow a Code of Conduct.
Fundraising takes place throughout the year in many forms including but not limited to:
• Splitting profits at restaurants
• Bake sales
• Chili feeds
• Silent auctions
• Working concessions at Century Link Center (adults only)
• Car washes
Fundraising keep the out-of-pocket costs down, and unlike other local softball organizations, we are a non-profit organization. All monies raised stay with players/teams or the Outlaws organization (to cover new equipment and costs of any tournaments hosted by the Outlaws).
Outlaws may travel to out-of-town tournaments in the Fall, Spring, and Summer.
Players are required to have matching jerseys (home and away), bat bags, helmets.
Coaches for the 2016/2017 season will assess players at tryouts in July, and then form teams.
A nonrefundable, non-transferable fee of $300 is required at the time of offer acceptance.
The $300 is to hold the player's place for Spring 2017 and covers expenses for the Fall ball league.
For the 2016/2017 season we will have at least one team at these age groups: 10U, 12U, 14U and 18U. Eligibility is based on player age as of January 1, 2017 and/or skill level if attempting to move up an age group.